Monday 23 September 2013

Mixed Media Monday

Hi Friends! Its the start of another beautiful week, I hope you all had a great weekend! 
 I plan to keep Mondays here on my blog for my Mixed Media work...
Introducing:

 Here I have a page from my Art Journal made using different craft mediums, which is the definition of Mixed Media; using multiple mediums on the work...


 This page was made using DecoArt paints, Distress inks, Staz-On and a bit of Colour Shine spray...

I also used the new Script Silhouette Stencil by The Crafters Workshop...

To start, I painted my background with blue and green splotches, letting it mix and cloud the page, so it wasn't just stark as one flat matte colour.
 When it was dried, I stamped around the page with different shades of Distress Ink, and multiple background stamps, such as spots,  crackle... and then in black the script.

I placed my stencil down, and went over it with a sponge with some yellow and green paint mixed, to make this nice golden green, to highlight the silhouette head and the script therein from the stencil. 

When that was dried, I went aruond the edges with black and white charcoal pencils, and blended them in, just to give it a more defined edge, and a bit of shading.

The words are stamps from Heidi Swapp, and some letter stickers.

I finished my page by dripping and splattering a bit of Bronze colour shine spray about, 
and going around the edge with a white gel pen.
 

I had a lot of fun making this page, and I am quite happy with the result...

  

I hope you liked seeing it too! 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

Jess S said...

looks wonderful :) So much work in it, and it looks fab!

brenda said...

I can see you're really enjoying your artwork Annmaree, this piece is really inspirational and I particularly like the fresh greens - I'm just a tad envious that you're heading into spring what we have winter ahead. That said I do love wonderful colours of autumn.

Hope you have a good Monday,

B x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the details!!
Hugs!!

MagsB said...

Absolutely lovely, Annmaree! Those colours are beautiful, and how cool is the script silhouette?! I'm glad you're going to be showing more of your mixed media, it's so good!!

love Mags B x

Sandy said...

Your art journal page is wonderful and I look forward to seeing more!!
Sandy

Sandy said...

Wonderful artwork Annmaree.
Hugs,
Sandy

Jules said...

Hi Annmaree

You have such a wide range of talents .. .. love how you can switch from one to another.

Loving the photographs in your previous post too.

Hope all is good with you and your family.

Love Jules xx

Tracy said...

Love..love Annmaree..love that stamp and all the layers you added
Big hugs
Tracy
Xxx