Monday 7 July 2014

Elephant - Mixed Media Monday

 

Good Morning friends! I have some Art Journaling / Mixed Media work to show you, that I created.

I recently got a new Dylusions journal, the pages are thick and stand upto lots of paint, spray, ink and water, and don't warp like my old journal did! So I'm really happy with it.

Here's my first double page from it:


 For this page I started with multiple colours of Dylusions spray inks, and just covered my page with them, and sandwhiched the pages together, to get even covering on both sides. I inked through a numbers stencil with black dylusions spray on a sponge. Then added washi tape, and lots of stamping, in white and other colours to form interest in my background.

My main focal image was this elephant I cutout from a magazine! 


 I found a couple of quotes I liked online and printed them out from Word, and clipped them to pop them onto my pages. Beforehand, though, I went in with some texture paste and paint mixed together and went over some stencil images as more focal points for my page. Such as the key, the hearts, and the large heart bottom left.


 Here's a close-up of the heart done in texture paste:


 and the quotes:

 "Love will draw an elephant through a key-hole." 

 "Have the heart of a poet, and the skin of an elephant."

I hope you liked seeing my pages from my Art Journal today, I will be back next week with another page or two! Stay tuned Friday for some more photos, as well! Thanks for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

brenda said...

Wowsers Annmaree, these journal pages are just beautiful.

You know how much I love colours and your inkwork and blending and added elements of interest are a real treat for the eyes.

B x

Jules said...

Very beautiful indeed Annmaree.

Such gorgeous vibrant colours and so much to look at.

Of course my eyes were drawn immediately to that super paste heart!

Fabulous work!!!!

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant pages Annmaree, love the look of the textures and colours that is one super Elephant, superb work.
hugs
lorraine x

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous and so creative!!
Love all the colors you added and all the details!!
What a cool quote and that elephant is so adorable!!
Pretty heart!!!
Looking forward to seeing your next photos on Friday!:)