Friday 13 December 2013

Through the Window - Art Journal Page

Happy Friday friends! I hope you have all had a fabulous week, and will enjoy the weekend ahead!

I have been playing in my Art Journal again, and became inspired by Nathalie Kalbachs video tutorial here on her blog, and decided to try it for myself: To make the page appear as a window - peering out to a city nightscape.

I started by adhering down some ripped up bits of text tissue paper with Gel Medium, and collaging it on there. Then basically sketched the scene with a pencil. The idea was for it to look reasonably crude since it is supposed to be freehand drawing and painting, and in a somewhat expressionist theme.


I used my Faber-Castell Gelatos to colour each area, spritz with a bit of water so it was watercolour and free flowing. I used my fingers to spread it around... It was messy fun! 


I put highlights and shadows in with other gelatos, and also some Big Brush Markers. 
I outlined everything with a big black sharpie - and used a ruler for my window panes. 
Then, went in with some gold glitter glue for the moon and stars.


Here you can see the sparkle on the  moon and stars.

I am quite happy with how this page came out, very different to what I am used of doing, but I enjoyed it a lot! I love trying new things and was glad to have found that tutorial by Nathalie Kalbach.
 I have joined up for her Creative Jumpstart online workshop for next year, I enjoyed last years Creative Jumpstart tutorials and videos very much and learned a lot! So this years should be even better! If you're into mixed media and art journalling, or even just starting with it - you should checkout her blog and sign up, its just $20 US for 23 videos and 21 artists. So worth it!

Anyway, enough rabbiting on from me. Enjoy your Weekend and Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

May said...

Annmaree your art work is Fantastic..Love the window scene...the colours blend beautifully...Fabulous work... Love it... Have a happy weekend ...Hugs May x x x

Merry said...

This is lovely Annmaree…great colours and I love that you still can see the words.