Friday 14 March 2014

Photo Friday - Beach Pics

Hello Friends - Long time no blog! Apologies for that. But I have some photos to share from some trips to the beach I have took recently, which I thought you might like to see:


This is the main beach down at The Jetty here, you can see it's looking across toward the Jetty boardwalk that you can walk out on, and the Marina behind that.  


On the right side there is a rockwall/breakwall:


As you can see there is a lot of neat plantlife growing along the beach here. They bloom with these beautiful pink flowers, which I discovered are called beach morning glory!


It's amazing to me that they can grow so vigorously is the sand with the salt spray of the ocean and full sun - you wouldn't think much plant life could handle such environment, let alone one that gets such beautiful flowers:

I so love going to the beach and communing with nature.

The small island you can see in this picture is called Muttonbird Island.

There's usually always some seagulls around...

Here are also two photos I got up around the Marina area, where on clear days you can see small and medium sized fish swimming about:


and last but not least, a neat boat, 
with a seabird trying to find a way to eat a rather large fish he found:

Close up of the seabird and his large fish:


I hope you liked seeing my seaside photos this Photo Friday, and I promise to go blog hopping through all of your awesome blogs this weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Merry said...

Great photos Annmaree, it looks like such a beautiful spot. Seems that slow blog writing is the trend. Well it is for me :-)

May said...

WOW...Wonderful photo's Annmaree, Australia sure is a beautiful country... would love to visit someday... the beach & pretty flowers are so gorgeous...Hugs May x x

Jules said...

Hi Annmaree

Fabulous photographs!!! Lucky you to have such a beautiful beach nearby!

I think you could get a job submitting photographs to travel magazines!!

Have a great day!

Love Jules xx

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous pictures!! Love those flowers we get that kind here too but most of ours are white and pink!
Glad your enjoying the beautiful outdoor weather.xo