Friday 14 February 2014

Valentines Day - Journal52: Abstract

Happy Friday the 14th! Which means it's Valentines Day!

Just want to wish you all a special day, with your loved ones! 
Thank you to all of you blog friends who have shown me true friendship and support, as well as heaps of inspiration with your amazing crafts!

Today I just wanted to quickly share two pages I made for Journal52's Art Journal challenge, Week 5 Prompt. Which was "Abstract Art". In the example on the blog, they had some pre-made abstract backgrounds painted, and then just went doodling around the shapes they could find. I decided to give this a go!

In my first one, I found some city buildings, and doodled some details in with gold paint, and then white pen. Added some further paint for clouds.


My second page, I found a few bird shapes, so decided to embrace the birds, and doodled a few more in, and also some feathers. I cut out a quote from a book, which I think is also appropriate for today;


So there you go, some abstract doodles. I have some more Art Journal pages to share on Monday, so I hope you'll pop by again soon! Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Those are pretty cool and calming. I like them.

May said...

Gorgeous pages Annmaree,Love the colours & your doodling is fabulous...Happy Valentine's day to you & your loved ones....Hugs May x x x

brenda said...

Two gorgeous pages Anmaree, it shines through that you are enjoying your change in direction of your crafting journey, sometimes we all need a bit if a change.

Happy Valentines day to you as well.

B x

Tracy said...

Annmaree...happy valentines day right back at you sweet lady!
Your journal pages are stunning works of art each and everyone!!! You were born to create.
Big mahoosive hugs
Xxxxxx

Michelle H. said...

Happy belated Valentines' Day to you sweet friend!
Love your journal pages gorgeous work!
Love all the doodling and love those birds!!

coldwaters2 said...

You are doing amazing work with these pages for your journal Annmaree you are an inspiration to so many.
hugs
lorraine x